OFI-30 Optical Fiber Identifier
The Optical Fiber Identifier is a rugged, easy-to-use installation and maintenance instrument which detects low frequency tones at 270 Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz. When traffic is present on the fiber under test, an audible tone can be heard. Core power (from -50~+10dBm) is indicated by a digital display on the face of the unit. By utilizing local detection technology (non-destructive macro-bend detection which does not damage or overstress the fiber) the unit eliminates the need to open the fiber at the splice point for identification, eliminating the probability of interrupting service. The OFI-30 Series Optical Fiber Identifier is also available in a “High-Power” version with an optical power reading of -30dBm ~ 24dBm (1550nm)
• Effectively Identifies Traffic Direction and Frequency Tones (270Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz) Without any Damage to the Fibers.
• Core Power Display of the Fibers (-50~+0dBm) at 0.9mm Fiber.
• Very Low Loss (Fiber Attenuation) when Testing is in Process.
• Easily Replaceable Adapters; 0.25mm (250 Micron), 0.9mm (900 Micron), 2.0mm, 3.0mm to Satisfy Various Optical Cables.
• All-Metal Construction.
• Easy-to-Use One-Button Operation.
OFI-30 | Optical Fiber Identifier
OFI-30-HP | Optical Fiber Identifier High Power (-30 ~ +24dBm)
OFI-30 Product Spec Sheet
OFI-30 Product Manual