M310 Enterprise OTDR
The M310 OTDR is specifically designed to address the technical challenges associated with today’s enterprise network architectures. The M310 features AFL's TruEvent Technology, allowing users to confidently determine where losses meet or exceed network specifications. TruEvent advanced event analysis software more accurately detects, locates and measures network events such as splices, connectors, breaks and macro-bends.
Industry Leading TruEvent Technology™
The M310 is easy to use with visual result display LinkMap, comes standard with integrated Source, Power Meter and VFL, and is inspection ready with the DFS1 connector inspection probe. No surprise 'add-on' charges for these commonly needed support functions.
Features and Benefits:
- Provides a new level of accuracy and reliability in event analysis. The M310 is the best performing OTDR for enterprise and data center applications.
Short dead zones
- to validate and troubleshoot typical Data Center and Enterprise networks
Superior Dynamic Range
- Event Dead Zones 0.8m
- Attenuation Dead-zones < 3 m
- Higher dynamic range means you can test short networks with narrower pulse widths (better resolution), as well as test longer networks -- Great for contractors supporting both single-mode and multimode Enterprise networks
- 38 dB Single-mode
- 30 dB Multimode
Easy to read results with LinkMap - LinkMap with Pass/Fail simplifies network troubleshooting and enables even novice users to easily and accurately troubleshoot optical networks.
Built-in Optical Light Source (OLS), Optical Power Meter (OPM), Visual Fault Locator (VFL), and Inspection ready- all in one to help you face fiber network testing challenges.
Truly hand-held - Compact, rugged product packaging is designed for outside use and cramped inside plant environments.
International Language Support - User interface available in English, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish
Data Storage and Reporting Capabilities (TRM 2.0) - Acceptance reports generated using TRM 2.0 can include OTDR traces with summary and event information, pass/fail indication, event maps, loss/power measurement tables and end-face images.
Macro/Microbend detection - The detection helps technicians identify installation problems. Excessive bends or stress on fibers will show up as increased attenuation at higher wavelengths. These bends or stresses are indicated on the Event Table with a special icon.
Bi-directional trace analysis - OTDR splice measurements on networks containing different fiber type may result in 'gainer' and excess loss splices where mismatched fibers are spliced. More accurate splice loss measurements are obtained by averaging OTDR traces obtained in each direction. M310 Advanced Analysis option integrates bi-directional averaging within the OTDR.
The M310 is offered in 2 models: single-mode and QUAD multimode/single-mode. (See data sheet for ordering information).
- Industry Leading TruEvent analysis ensures event reporting accuracy
- Short dead zones enable detection of closely spaced events
- Integrated Source, Power Meter and VFL
- LinkMap visually display network
- Test, troubleshoot and document networks with closely spaced events
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 testing and certification of SM and MM networks
- Enterprise network, Data Center, LAN/WAN
- Document and create standards compliant acceptance reports with TRM 2.0, companion PC software
M310 Enterprise OTDR Data Sheet
M310 Models and Included Adapters
|Wavelengths (nm) ||Dynamic Range (dB)
||OTDR Port Adapters
||OPM Port Adapters
||AFL Base Model No.
||SC, 2.5 & 1.25mm Universal
||SC, LC, ST
||SC, 2.5 & 1.25mm Universal