The Fluke 1623 and 1625 are distinctive earth ground testers that can perform all four types of earth ground measurement. Specifically, the Fluke 1623 and 1625 testers are able to measure earth ground loop resistances using only clamps – called Stakeless testing. This method doesn’t require the use of earth ground stakes or the disconnection of ground rods.
The Fluke 1625 offers these advanced features:
- 3- and 4-Pole Fall of Potential – standard earth ground testing using two ground stakes
- 4-Pole Soil Resistivity testing – determine soil resistivity using four ground stakes
- Selective testing – without disconnecting ground rods, a technician can measure ground resistance using a combination of stakes and a clamp.
- Stakeless testing – innovative solution using only clamps, instead of ground stakes, to measure earth ground loop resistance.
- Automatic Frequency Control (AFC) – identifies existing interference and chooses a measurement frequency to minimize its effect, providing a more accurate earth ground value.
- R* measurement – calculates earth ground impedance at 55 Hz to more accurately reflect the earth ground resistance that a fault-to-earth ground would see.
- Adjustable limits – for quick test result verification.