3M LC Hot Melt (SM) Connector (3mm boot)
The 8603-S Hot Melt LC is a singlemode simplex connector designed for
termination of 2.4 to 3.0 millimeter jacketed cable. A blue simplex latch
actuator, shrink tube strain relief, and single white boot is included.
The only LC connector with hot melt adhesive. The LC connector offers all the
advantages of the 3M hot melt technology, including fast installation, ease of
termination, reliability, low insertion loss and very high yield.
These singlemode and multimode connectors meet Telcordia GR-326 and TIA
568B.3 requirements for both indoor and outdoor LAN applications. As
with the 3M SC and FC hot melt connectors, there is no need for a
syringe, applicator or mixing of epoxy with the LC connector. The LC
connector may be used in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Celsius and
as high as 100 degrees Celsius.
- Preloaded Hot Melt adhesive
- Terminates in less than 2 minutes
- Meets TIA/EIA 568B standards for indoor and outdoor applications
- Reheatable adhesive allows fiber repositioning
- Pre-radiused PC zirconia ceramic ferrule
- Universal Kit contains consumables for up to 400 connectors*
- *Alcohol is not included. Connectors are sold separately.
Hot Melt Connector Guide
- Easy to use, no epoxy to mix, fewer consumables
- Saves time and labor
- Reliable performance
- High yield reduces waste of connectors and time
- Assures optical contact and stability up to 85°C (185°F)
- Eliminates confusion and lost time